Experience and expertise are the keys to success when defending trucking companies and their insurers in trucking accident litigation, insurance coverage disputes, freight claims, and environmental claims. Truck accidents present unique issues not necessarily associated with a typical motor vehicle accident. Those differences include:
- Greater likelihood of serious injuries or deaths
- Prejudice against truck drivers and trucking companies
- Negligent hiring and supervision claims
- Negligent maintenance claims
- Overlapping insurance coverage disputes
- Government regulation
Our lawyers understand that timely responses and effective liability assessments are also important when handling truck accidents. DunbarMonroe offers its clients Emergency Response capability and will travel to the scene of any accident to properly document critical evidence.
The lawyers at DunbarMonroe represent individuals and corporate clients, along with their insurance carriers, involved in transporting passengers, goods, or both. Whether you need representation in the defense of tort claims, contract claims, or freight claims our attorneys can assist you.
At DunbarMonroe, we know the trucking business, not only from the standpoint of its integral role in our economy but also from the vantage point of the business of shipping freight and the relationship between federal and state law. Our attorneys regularly follow the work of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to keep abreast of the changing requirements our clients must meet. Attorneys at DunbarMonroe have litigated cases ranging from catastrophic losses and accidents to comparatively smaller property damage claims. All of our attorneys have special training and experience with the nuances of the trucking industry and are active members of related organizations such as:
- American Trucking Association
- Mississippi Trucking Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- American College of Transportation Attorneys
For further information about our trucking litigation practice, please contact us today.