Experience. Reputation. Results.
- Trucking Accidents - Defense
- Cargo and Freight Claims
- Transportation Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Agent Errors and Omissions
- Law Enforcement Liability Claims
- Professional Errors and Omissions Defense
- Premises Liability
- General Corporate
- Commercial Litigation
- Architects, Engineers, Realtors, and Brokers
Clark Monroe is admitted to practice before all state courts in Mississippi, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Monroe received a Bachelor of Accountancy, cum laude, from the University of Mississippi in 1990, and his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1994. A member of several honorary societies including Phi Kappa Phi, Omicron Delta Kappa and Mortar Board, he was also a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and served on the Editorial Board.
Mr. Monroe's transportation law practice includes truck accident defense, cargo and freight claims, coverage opinions specific to transportation policies and contract negotiation. He also practices in the area of general insurance defense including premises liability, personal injury, professional errors and omissions, insurance agent E&O defense and the defense of Tort Claims Act and civil rights claims against county and municipal officials. Mr. Monroe also represents insurance companies in coverage actions including insurance coverage litigation and bad faith. His practice also includes commercial litigation, telecommunications and general corporate.
Mr. Monroe retired from the Mississippi Army National Guard at the rank of Major.
- Mississippi, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1994
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- Bachelor of Accountancy - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- American Bar Association, Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Law Section
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Hinds County Bar
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Defense Research Institute, Insurance Committee
- Mississippi Law Journal, Inc., Alumni Board of Directors 2002-2006
- Rotary Club of Jackson
- United States Field Artillery Association
- Who's the Boss? Addressing the Increasing Controversies Associated with the Owner-Operator/Employee Dichotomy, Transportation Law Journal, Vol. 35 - No. 2, 2008
- "MMA Victorious in AT&T v. State Tax Commission", Mississippi Municipalities, Vol. 47-No. 6 (October/November), 1998
- "Accidental Injury Under the Mississippi Workers' Compensation Act: Fewer Compensable Claims and a Pandora's Box of Tort Liability", 62 Miss. L.J. 689, 1993
- Clark Monroe and Suzanne Hudson, Mixed Use Employees and the Fair Labor Standards Act, The Transportation Lawyer, Vol. 17, No. 3 (Dec. 2015)
- Kuehn v. United Van Lines, LLC, 367 F.Supp. 2d 1047, 2005, S.D. Miss.
- Speetjens v. Larson, 401 F.Supp. 2d 600, 2005, S.D. Miss.
- Pioneer Credit Co. v. Caldwell, 2003 WL 21517978, 2003, N.D. Miss.
- Adams v. Cinemark USA, Inc., 831 So. 2d 1156, 2002, Miss.
- Henley v. Pioneer Credit Co., 2002 WL 1611512, 2002, N.D. Miss.
- Dallas v. American Family Life Assur. Co. of Columbus, 2006 WL 2310458 (S.D. Miss. Nov. 6, 2006)
- Sanford v. Century Sur. Co., 2008 WL 879704 (S.D. Miss. Mar. 28, 2008)
- Walker v. Jackson, 2009 WL 1768547 (S.D. Miss. June 23, 2009)
- Tuesno v. Jackson, 2011 WL 6400251 (S.D. Miss. Dec. 20, 2011)
- Cade v. Beard, 130 So. 3d 77 (Miss. 2014)
- McMorris v. Tally, 163 So. 3d 289 (Miss. 2015)
- Kilgo v. Tolar, 2015 WL 3484533 (N.D. Miss. June 2, 2015)
- Swales v. KLLM Transport Services, LLC, 985 F.3d 430 (5th Cir. 2021)
Classes & Seminars
- “Answering the Midnight Call: Top Ten Action Items for a Lawyer to Know and Do to Immediately React to a Catastrophic Motor Vehicle Accident,” Transportation Lawyers Association, November 30, 2010 – Present